If the Saints want to make an extended run in the

An off topic lounge where you can talk about whatever.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
linchao
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

If the Saints want to make an extended run in the

Postby linchao » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:22 am

Drew Brees on collision course to make NFL history against Falcons By: Ryan Michael Pro Football Analyst Ryan Michael is a Pro Football Analyst who specializes in quarterback statistics , analytics, film-study and interviews with NFL veterans. He has used his own era-adjusted metric, QBS2, to grade every qualifying starting quarterback since 1937. For more information, visit his website: www.quarterbackscore.webs.com and follow him on Twitter: @theryanmichaelOne of the biggest records in American sports is just a day away from falling, only you probably haven’t heard much about it.Brett Favre’s 6,300 career pass completions are the most in NFL history. It’s a mark set over a 20-year, 302-game Hall of Fame career. A mark so far out of reach, even the great Peyton Manning retired 176 completions short of breaking it.Since the 1941, only 7 quarterbacks have held the title of being the NFL’s all-time pass completion leader: Sammy Baugh, Bobby Layne, Y.A. Tittle, Johnny Unitas, Fran Tarkenton, Dan Marino and Favre.That company is far more dominant than mainstream media would have you believe.Enter Drew Brees , 2-3 quarters away from becoming the 8th man on that list. Not Peyton Manning. Not Tom Brady. Not Aaron Rodgers, Joe Montana or John Elway.Drew Brees: The NFL’s 6x leader in pass completions (2007, 2008, 2011, 2014, 2016 and 2017) and at age 39, 2018’s current leader in pass completions (65 through Week 2).Favre’s record was set over 302 games but Brees will break it in his 252nd. A lot of that has to do with being the NFL’s all-time completion-percentage leader (67.1%). If Brees completed passes at the rate Brady has (64.0%), his career total would drop from 6,287 to 5,999—and he’d be 302 completions away from making history, not 14.This Sunday, September 23rd in Atlanta, the fall of Favre’s record will be greeted with a clap, a FOX Television graphic, a tweet from the NFL and the Saints and then—it will fade away.Football is the top sport in America and quarterback is the top position in football. Of the three major volume records: pass completions , passing yards and touchdown passes, this is the least significant, but an important one nevertheless.Had Brady been the quarterback in arm’s reach of the record, it would have been the top storyline in American sports this week. It’s almost as if acknowledging the significance of Brees’ feat takes away from the narratives pushed to justify others as “greater” on the all-time list, even as they sit further down the record books.The story of Brees’ career, is it not?This record, like others Brees will break, is the culmination of over 17 years of hard work, nearly a decade and a half of elite on-field performance and a dedication to precision at a level few Hall of Famers could ever match.Of course, every current and future Hall of Fame quarterback has the opportunity to prove me wrong by breaking what will now be Brees’ record. Welcome back to a new series piece for 2019. Before each game, I’ll point out the five questions I have for the team that I’ll be looking out for in the upcoming game.In Week 10, the New Orleans Saints have their first matchup against their division rival Atlanta Falcons. When Cook signed with the Saints this past off-season, big things were expected of him in the passing game. Will we start to see the fruits of that signing?What about Tre’Quan Smith? This could very well be the return of Tre’Quan Smith as well this week. If the Saints want to make an extended run in the postseason, they’re going to need to be able to rely on more than just Michael Thomas in the passing game, no matter how great Thomas has shown to be.Will the sacks finally come? The New Orleans Saints defensive line has generated plenty of pressure on opposing quarterbacks all year , but they’re tied for 10th in the NFL in sacks. They’ve had to worry about containing mobile quarterbacks like Deshaun Watson, Russell Wilson, Mitchell Trubisky, and Kyler Murray, but with Matt Ryan in the pocket, hopefully this will be the week the sack numbers start to increase.Do we get “petty” Sean Payton? Sean Payton infamously gave the “choke” signal to Devonta Freeman after the Atlanta Falcons blew a 28-3 lead in the Super Bowl. If the Saints are up 20-3 in the third quarter, and then score a touchdown, will petty Sean Payton go for a two-point conversion instead of kicking the extra point? Gosh, I hope so.Can the team stay focused? The Saints open as significant favorites to beat their division rivals, but will they let it get to their heads? Will they “eat the cheese” as Payton likes to call it? If the Saints want to make 2019 a special year, they will need to stay focused, not take any opponent for granted, and take each week one game at a time.So those are the things I’m looking at in the game. What about you? What are you looking at specifically in this game? Something different? Tell me in the comments. Send me presents.

Return to “After Life”