Fangio will be able to restore winning ways

A forum to discuss the Mass Effect trilogy, the upcoming Mass Effect: Andromeda, and characters.
zhangzk

Fangio will be able to restore winning ways

Postby zhangzk » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:43 pm

There are too many holes for Denver to patch them all in one draft Joe Flacco Jersey , but this week’s draft is the first step in their rebuilding process."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Broncos NewsBroncos Free AgencyBroncos DraftBroncos PodcastsBroncos 2019 ScheduleKey Offseason DatesCommunity RulesFull ArchiveBroncos StoriesScheduleRosterStatsOdds Shop About Masthead Community Guidelines StubHub 鉁旴reaking NewsBroncos 2019 Draft Class Announced脳Broncos podcastsBroncos Draft 20192019 Draft is just the first step on getting the Broncos back on trackNew,3commentsThere are too many holes for Denver to patch them all in one draft, but this week’s draft is the first step in their rebuilding process. 2019 Draft is just the first step on getting the Broncos back on trackCall it reloading, rebuilding, or remodeling. Whatever term suits your fancy, the fact that Denver has fallen a long ways from their league leading, primetime playing, Peyton Manning-led Super Bowl winning ways is no secret. One need only look as far as the recent schedule release to see Denver’s lack of Sunday night games, and only two primetime contests as the most recent proof - that and the fact that Denver will be picking in the top ten of the draft for a second year in a row for the first time since 1973. I’m not telling anyone anything they don’t know, and certainly am not here to add insult to injury; merely providing a little perspective on where Denver is historically. Elway may not like the term “rebuild”, but by all intents and purposes, that’s what the Broncos are in the middle of, starting with the new coaching staff hirings. Vic Fangio was brought in with the express purpose of building this team “from the ground up”, starting with fundamentals, and getting back to teaching/developing players, and ultimately helping Denver back to their winning ways.All of this takes time. A few months ago Bradley Chubb Jersey White , I documented how coach Fangio built his defense in Chicago from the ground up - literally. Chicago was near the bottom of the league in every category, and a few years later had completely flipped to leading in most. The change happened gradually, and incrementally, with a few pieces every season.When asked about that rebuild in Chicago, Fangio didn’t mince words:Now, here were his comments on his views on Denver’s roster:The work they have to do in improving their roster starts on Thursday night, but it doesn’t stop on Saturday, or in September when the final 53-man roster takes the field. This year and this draft are the building blocks to long-term turn strategy that is focused on getting the right coaches in building and creating systems in which players can develop and thrive. The next step is to go get those players and develop them. Mike Klis joined the guys at 1st & 10 at 10 on Orange & Blue 760 and echoed Fangio’s sentiments as well. He mentioned that when taking a look up and down the roster at Denver’s needs (ILB, DB, IOL, TE, QB), it’s clear that one draft isn’t going to solve everything, which is where coaching comes into play. (Check out the interview in the clip above)All that to say, let’s have a little perspective going into this draft. While I fully expect Denver to knock it out of the park and get players that will help them win in 2019, I am more interested in how those guys continue to help us win in 2020 Womens Bradley Chubb Jersey , 2021, and beyond. Who knows, just like they did in Chicago, in a few years we may be writing about the great turn around Elway and Fangio pulled off in Denver, and citing this year’s draft class as names of guys who helped make it happen. And Denver’s former Super Bowl-winning quarterback believes Vic Fangio is the perfect coach to get the Broncos back on the winning track." />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesMile High Report homepageHorizontal - WhiteMile High Reporta Denver Broncos communityFollow Mile High Report online:Follow Mile High Report on TwitterFollow Mile High Report on FacebookLog in or sign upLog InSign UpSite searchSearchSearchMile High Report main menuFanpostsFanshotsSectionsBroncosOddsShopAboutMastheadCommunity GuidelinesStubHubMoreAll 321 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Broncos NewsBroncos ScheduleBroncos PodcastsBroncos Film RoomBroncos RosterBroncos Injury UpdatesFull ArchiveBroncos StoriesScheduleRosterStatsOdds Shop About Masthead Community Guidelines StubHub ✕Manning: Broncos’ new head coach is competitive, ‘all football’New,37commentsAnd Denver’s former Super Bowl-winning quarterback believes Vic Fangio is the perfect coach to get the Broncos back on the winning track.MDTShare this storyShare this on FacebookShare this on TwitterShareAll sharing optionsShareAll sharing options for:Manning: Broncos’ new head coach is competitive, ‘all football’TwitterFacebookRedditPocketFlipboardEmaildenverbroncos.comIt’s easy to forget just how many teams Vic Fangio has coached in some way.Peyton Manning hasn’t forgotten.In the final game of his first year in the NFL - a season in which Manning earned the NFL record for most interceptions thrown by a rookie QB - the young quarterback faced Vic Fangio’s Panthers’ defense. And it didn’t go well.“It was not a great game...but I think we might have had a chance to get back in it, and I was trying to throw the ball away and didn’t throw high enough and Eric Davis intercepted it,” Manning recalled on Thursday at Dove Valley. “It was a fitting ending to a pretty miserable season.”But Manning got the benefit of that Fangio defensive mind the following season when the no-nonsense coach joined the Colts as the defensive coordinator under Jim Mora. And No. 18 was quick to give Fangio a lot of credit for the team’s turnaround that year.“He’s super competitive, and he wanted to win every practice against the offense,” Manning said during a chat with media while visiting OTAs. “We went from 3-13 to 13-3, and a lot of that had to do with Vic solidifying the defense, which really helped the offense.”There were a few times, however, Manning didn’t quite appreciate Fangio’s competitive nature. He described a particular practice where the defense was holding a lot Womens Dre'Mont Jones Jersey , and Manning didn’t like it.“They would have the upper hand a lot in practice. And it could be irritating,” Manning joked. “I was probably complaining a lot. [Fangio] put a plate of wine and cheese in my locker. He didn’t say it was him, but I knew it was him.” Manning also discovered back then what the Broncos players are learning right now - Fangio is not about to waste practice time heaping praise on players.“If you get a compliment from Vic Fangio, you’ve done something special,” Manning added. “He’s all football. He loves it. He’s a grinder. I think he’ll do a great job.”That competitive “all football” nature - more than his defensive mind - is why Manning believes in Denver.“I think coaches don’t like being labeled an offensive coach, defensive coach ... VIc is a football coach,” Manning said, adding that if Fangio were asked to “be an offensive coordinator or receivers coach,” he could do it because he can coach football. “But he happens to be one of the great defensive minds in the game, and I think he’ll be a great leader of the entire team, not just one side of the ball.”And there’s no doubt in Manning’s mind that Fangio impressed John Elway with that mindset.“Obviously I think Vic earned John’s respect and impressed him in that interview. He impressed him by being who he is. He probably wore that same gray sweatsuit that he has out there at practice - ‘Just get me into my coaching gear and my headset and my whistle and let’s go,’” Manning said. “He hasn’t changed one bit since 1999 in Indianapolis. That’s what John saw - ‘this guy’s a football coach, and we need to get back to playing solid fundamental football around here,’” Manning added. “That’s what wins games and that’s been the core of what the Broncos have been about, and I think Vic will bring that to Denver.”And any player not ready for that approach just might find a plate of wine and cheese in his locker.

Return to “Mass Effect”