ion in free agency on players like Le’Veon Bell, C.J. Mosley, Jamison Crowder and Henry Anderson. In the draft,

An off topic lounge where you can talk about whatever.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
elaine95
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

ion in free agency on players like Le’Veon Bell, C.J. Mosley, Jamison Crowder and Henry Anderson. In the draft,

Postby elaine95 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:12 am

New York continues to make some interesting decisions this offseason."WhitePatriots News Opinion and Analysis Contribute! FanPostsFanShotsAbout the Site List of Patriots Twitter AccountsWrite For Pats Pulpit!New User Welcome and Commenting GuideCommunity GuidelinesMastheadTopics Patriots Off-Season CoveragePatriots Opinion/AnalysisPatriots NewsPatriots Draft CoverageSportfolio ManagementPatriots NewsAround the LeagueAFC East ReportJets fire general manager Mike Maccagnan , because why wouldn’t they part ways with him shortly after the draft?New,82commentsNew York continues to make some interesting decisions this offseason.EDTShareTweetShareShareJets fire general manager Mike Maccagnan, because why wouldn’t they part ways with him shortly after the draft?Rich Barnes-USA TODAY SportsIt seems that the New York Jets’ rebuilding process is far from over: as the organization announced earlier today, it has parted ways with general manager Mike Maccagnan and also let his right-hand man, vice president of player personnel Brian Heimerdinger, go. With Maccagnan no longer part of the franchise, his duties as GM are going — at least on an interim basis — to newly hired head coach Adam Gase.The moves themselves are not necessarily surprising considering that New York went just 24-40 since Maccagnan was brought on board in 2015. The team also failed to reach the playoffs in each of the four seasons with him at the helm. What is rather interesting, however , is the timing of the Jets’ decision: Maccagnan played a big role in some of the personnel decisions the team has made recently.Under Maccagnan, the club traded up in the first round of last year’s draft to select potential franchise quarterback Sam Darnold third overall. This year, his Jets spent more than $190 million in free agency on players like Le’Veon Bell, C.J. Mosley, Jamison Crowder and Henry Anderson. In the draft, Maccagnan and company decided to draft defensive tackle Quinnen Williams with the third pick.Not even three weeks later, Maccagnan is now out of a job while the players he picked over the last two years — all potential long-term building blocks given the investment made by the team — remain. It will be interesting to see how Gase and whoever comes in as the new general manager decide to use them, and how this impacts the organization’s future development. Patriots wide receiver Demaryius Thomas saw his first live game action Thursday night since tearing his Achilles tendon last year , and he felt great afterward.In fact, Thomas said he feels better now than before the injury.“I actually feel a lot better now,” Thomas said, via the . “Before the injury, I was a little smaller. But I’m a little heavier, a little stronger. The program we’ve been doing here has helped out a lot, so I feel great.”Thomas said he’s not worried about another injury and thinks he’s going to be a bit part of the Patriots’ offense this year.“I just go out and play. If I’m going to get hurt, I’m going to get hurt , but I’m going to be full speed getting hurt,” Thomas said. “My Achilles is great. I’m going to do whatever I can to play my best ball. I’m not going to think about anything, I’m not going to have it in the back of my head, because usually when I have it in the back of my head, I don’t play my best. So, I’m just going to give my best, and if I get hurt, I just get hurt.”The Patriots lost a big target when Rob Gronkowski retired , but they’ve added Thomas, drafted first-round pick N'Keal Harry and had Josh Gordon return from suspension. If everyone is ready to go, Tom Brady will have plenty of options.

Return to “After Life”