on FacebookShare this on TwitterShareAll sh

An off topic lounge where you can talk about whatever.
elaine95

on FacebookShare this on TwitterShareAll sh

Postby elaine95 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:18 pm

The Lions are 3-4 and just traded away a popular and productive player.So naturally Isaac Nauta Jersey Mens , coach Matt Patricia decided today was the day to critique a reporter’s posture.Via the Detroit Free Press, Patricia snapped at a reporter who asked about the Golden Tate trade.Upon being asked how the deal made the team better, a clearly flustered Patricia replied: “Ah, well, you know. Do me a favor just kinda sit up, just like Youth Isaac Nauta Jersey , have a little respect for the process. Every day you come and ask me questions and you’re just kinda like you know, ‘gimme this.’ ”After asking the reporter “just to be a little respectful in this whole process,” he requested that he “ask me a question professionally and I’ll answer it for you.”Then Patricia talked around trading a current producer for a team on the fringe of the playoff hunt for future assets.It’s was an unnecessary move for Patricia, and it clearly wasn’t about someone slouching. Coaches (like reporters) are human beings, and minor frustrations build over time, and eventually a simmer can become a boil.Honeymoons eventually run out for any new hire Austin Bryant Detroit Lions Jersey , and Patricia’s starting to feel the sting of some criticism for the first time 鈥?because he didn’t when he was a Patriots wonderkid/rocket scientist, when the stories were all positive. The fact he shows up for work looking聽like a hairy laundry hamper with a pencil sticking out of the top of it isn’t even germane to the discussion, but his reaction before he reaches his first November as a head coach isn’t a good look. Johnson seems great on paper, but a shaky Lions debut has raised questions about whether he’s the answer." Detroit Lions PollsDetroit Lions OpinionNFL Open ThreadsWednesday open thread: Is Josh Johnson the answer at backup quarterback?New,18commentsJohnson seems great on paper, but a shaky Lions debut has raised questions about whether he’s the answer. EDTShare this storyShare this on FacebookShare this on TwitterShareAll sharing optionsShareAll sharing options for:Wednesday open thread: Is Josh Johnson the answer at backup quarterback?TwitterFacebookRedditPocketFlipboardEmailPhoto by Tim Warner/Getty ImagesJosh Johnson looked like a great signing at backup quarterback for the Lions after Tom Savage went down in the first preseason game. He saw extended meaningful action with the Washington Redskins in 2018 and performed well White Isaac Nauta Jersey , especially considering he was originally a third stringer. Saturday night was supposed to be the night we all regained faith in the Lions’ backup quarterback situation, but that unfortunately wasn’t the case. Johnson struggled and his lack of chemistry was an eyesore on television. Question of the day: Is Josh Johnson the answer at backup quarterback?My answer: yes.I know I just ragged on Johnson, but his experience and recent serviceable film with Washington is much more meaningful than a preseason game with a team he’s been with for just a week. David Fales isn’t taking his job, and while there will surely be some solid backups on the market after training camp cuts (looking at you, Brian Hoyer) it’s unlikely that any of them will be a significant upgrade over Johnson.Your turn.

Return to “After Life”