Star Citizen main thread

A forum to discuss the crowdfunded game Star Citizen and Squadron 42
Tup

Re: Star Citizen main thread

Postby Tup » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:25 pm

Ground_Squirrel wrote:It's kinda shocking to realise that it took you so long to realise that Ben Mendelsohn is in it :o

I mean I did knew that he was in but kinda failed to realise it. Or how should it put it...

Sandi posted some shots in her Twitter account:
No idea who she might be.

Ground_Squirrel

Postby Ground_Squirrel » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:04 pm

Maybe Jennifer Marshall (Petty Officer Tyler Ford)?

Tup

Postby Tup » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:16 pm

Ground_Squirrel wrote:Maybe Jennifer Marshall (Petty Officer Tyler Ford)?

It really could be her. Less make up and short hair makes quite a difference but it could be her.

Ground_Squirrel

Postby Ground_Squirrel » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:19 pm

Fun fact: she was actually in the navy for nearly 5 years.

Tup

Postby Tup » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:07 am

Ground_Squirrel wrote:Fun fact: she was actually in the navy for nearly 5 years.

Nice, I wonder if that's one reason why they picked here.

Some info (Gamestar interview, Reddit copy pasta):
  • Gamestar asks when does C.R. personally want S42 to release. C.R.: "2017, but not early this year".
  • Gamestar asks what C.R. is looking forward to in 2017. Answer: S42 and 3.0. They both are huge milestones. And especially S42 will leave a deep impression. With this he means especially the characters wich you will meet. Players are allowed to spend time with characters and when the story is accelerating to the end, you should know who you like and who not. And if something sad happens with characters it has an emotional impact on you.
  • If the first Episode is ready, it will be much easier to produce more content and improve the graphics.
  • Small Spoiler In the first episode you will not be on/in one of the big Vanduul ships (of course you will battling them. Just no boarding etc.). But this will change in the 2 next Episodes. This is also the reason why they have to build the interior.
  • Other games after S42 are already planned. These Stories could be about other cool characters beside the military that may have already be seen in the lore. For example Kid Crimson.

Ground_Squirrel

Postby Ground_Squirrel » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:37 pm

Tup wrote:And especially S42 will leave a deep impression. With this he means especially the characters wich you will meet. Players are allowed to spend time with characters and when the story is accelerating to the end, you should know who you like and who not. And if something sad happens with characters it has an emotional impact on you.

Better stock up on these then:

Kinda glad they're not releasing it early this year because of ME:A and Syberia 3.

Tup

Postby Tup » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:46 pm

I just hope the game doesn't force you to pick between what squad mate gets to live.... Sadly though I can see gazillion different situations how that could happen though.

Ground_Squirrel

Postby Ground_Squirrel » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:38 pm

It wouldn't make much sense if you didn't lose people along the way, so yeah, those tissues will come in really handy.

Btw this all makes me worried that Gillian's character will only get like 1 minute of screentime in the entire game :o

Tup

Postby Tup » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:21 am

Ground_Squirrel wrote:It wouldn't make much sense if you didn't lose people along the way, so yeah, those tissues will come in really handy.

Btw this all makes me worried that Gillian's character will only get like 1 minute of screentime in the entire game :o

Yeah... Some people are bound to get eliminated. I wonder if we can do anything to save them - probably not much. The PC isn't really that high ranking military personnel. Maybe that changes in episode 2. But anyway, it sounds like it's important to get to know your mates.

I'm pretty sure that it will be more than 1 minute. It' more likely that her "father" would die.

I wonder who plays the female player character... Or should I say voices since Ian Duncan plays both. Jennifer Hale was in Freelancer so I think she's one possible candidate.

EDIT:
Today's AtV was rather interesting (and long!).

Ground_Squirrel

Postby Ground_Squirrel » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:22 pm

Tup wrote:I wonder who plays the female player character... Or should I say voices since Ian Duncan plays both. Jennifer Hale was in Freelancer so I think she's one possible candidate.

Wouldn't they have already listed her if she was going to be in it?
It seems it wouldn't make much sense to keep that a secret.
There are still quite a few names listed on imdb with no character name. I'd assume it would be one of them?

Return to “Star Citizen”