Star Citizen main thread

A forum to discuss the crowdfunded game Star Citizen and Squadron 42
Tup

Re: Star Citizen main thread

Postby Tup » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:53 am

Ground_Squirrel wrote:
Tup wrote:I wonder who plays the female player character... Or should I say voices since Ian Duncan plays both. Jennifer Hale was in Freelancer so I think she's one possible candidate.

Wouldn't they have already listed her if she was going to be in it?
It seems it wouldn't make much sense to keep that a secret.
There are still quite a few names listed on imdb with no character name. I'd assume it would be one of them?

It's possible but it's also highly likely that they might not have everyone listed there yet. Though, if Hale only does pure voice acting only then I guess she might be out of the question. They'd still need to capture all those facial expressions (unless they have some kind of wicked lip sync tech).

Tup

Postby Tup » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:07 am

The monthly report is out. https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm ... dio-Report

Also it looks like we probably hear at least something new on PC Gamer Weekender next week:
http://www.pcgamer.com/star-citizen-and ... weekender/

Tup

Postby Tup » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:07 am

Ohhh... This is pretty nice. Spectrum got released. Now it's possible for organisations to have own private forums - you can manage it pretty nicely too!
That's my own private organisation. I'm also in another org that mostly consist of people from [H]ard forums members.

2.6.1 got pushed to live too.

Ground_Squirrel

Postby Ground_Squirrel » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:57 pm

Nice stuff if you're part of a team.

Wonder if 2.6.1 solves the crashing issues I had. Not holding my breath.

Tup

Postby Tup » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:14 pm

Ground_Squirrel wrote:Nice stuff if you're part of a team.

Wonder if 2.6.1 solves the crashing issues I had. Not holding my breath.

Well... It's just handy to make your own organisation even if you are the sole member. It's handy that now you can have your own forums (and chat) for your organisation and talk whatever stuff you please there.

As always deleting the user folder (\Cloud Imperium Games\StarCitizen\Public\User) is the first thing I do after somewhat major patch like this.

No major issues so far with this build and the loading times are greatly improved now that the megamap is in.
Last edited by Tup on Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ground_Squirrel

Postby Ground_Squirrel » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:19 pm

Sadly there aren't many user folders to delete after a clean install on a new system. But I mentioned that before I think.

Tup

Postby Tup » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:09 pm

Ground_Squirrel wrote:Sadly there aren't many user folders to delete after a clean install on a new system. But I mentioned that before I think.

If you did have 2.6 installed after fresh install then you do. If not then obviously no since you don't have the game installed. :lol: (Also, in other words, the USER folder is located in the game install location).

I do remember reading some issues with outdated NVIDIA drivers in PTU change log. These days NVIDIA seems to push new drivers almost daily (well not quite but still).

Ground_Squirrel

Postby Ground_Squirrel » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:56 pm

It appears that 2.6.1 seems to be running okay.
I went window shopping for a bit lol. Kinda fun to see how you can try things on too.

Tup

Postby Tup » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:12 am

Ground_Squirrel wrote:It appears that 2.6.1 seems to be running okay.
I went window shopping for a bit lol. Kinda fun to see how you can try things on too.

It's nice to see what your ear buying. It would be nice if ME:A had some kind of preview when buying or crafting armour. You know, stats are nice but if it looks like shit.... (If quick save works nicely then it's not a big deal.)

Ground_Squirrel

Postby Ground_Squirrel » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:58 pm

Yes it is nice to try things on before you buy it.
Hopefully it won't be long till they have a generic female model to take out shopping.

As for the guns in the store: will there be an option to actually try them out before buying?

Return to “Star Citizen”