Star Citizen main thread

A forum to discuss the crowdfunded game Star Citizen and Squadron 42
Tup

Star Citizen main thread

Postby Tup » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:47 am

From the mind of Chris Roberts, acclaimed creator of Wing Commander and Freelancer, comes STAR CITIZEN. 100% crowd funded, Star Citizen aims to create a living, breathing science fiction universe with unparalleled immersion… and you’re invited to follow every step of development!

More than a space combat sim, more than a first person shooter and more than an MMO: Star Citizen is the First Person Universe that will allow for unlimited gameplay.

The First-Person Universe
An unprecedented chance to live your own deep space adventure! Star Citizen places you in the middle of a living, breathing science fiction universe populated with friends, enemies and the unknown.

You decide how to make your way in the galaxy, whether you’re a simple merchant trader, a fearsome pirate or a badass mercenary… and anything in-between.

In Star Citizen, you control your destiny as you inhabit a world with an unparalleled level of immersion.

Read more: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/abou ... paceflight and https://robertsspaceindustries.com/

Squadron 42
Squadron 42 is actually a stand alone game (at some point own thread is probably more approprieate). It's a story driven epic space game.

The cast:

Read more: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/squadron42

Ground_Squirrel

Re: Star Citizen main thread

Postby Ground_Squirrel » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:04 am

It's kinda sad that imdb.com has more info on the cast and characters they play than the Squadron 42 website.

So a bit more on the cast:

Gary Oldman - Admiral Ernst Bishop
Mark Hamill - Steve “Old Man” Colton
Mark Strong
Sophie Wu
Sandi Gardiner - Nayara “Pusher” Fell
Gillian Anderson - Captain MacLaren
Craig Fairbrass
Liam Cunningham - Captain Noah White
Ben Mendelsohn
Ian Duncan - Player
Jack Huston - Cal Mason
John Rhys Davies - Randall Graves
Rhona Mitra - Executive Officer Kelly
Andy Serkis - Thul'Oquray
Gemma Whelan
Harry Treadaway

Tup

Postby Tup » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:50 am

Aye. By the way, in the latest Around the Verse (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNV-Y5hauZ0) there was stuff about Idris' catastrophic internal damage states and those looke and sound pretty damn epic. It also works as nice sneak peak to Idris.

Ground_Squirrel

Postby Ground_Squirrel » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:42 pm

Whoah it is big! I'll really have to watch that one properly sometime soon. Tomorrow I hope.

I did see the episode where they were touring the Frankfurt studio and couldn't help but notice the No One Lives Forever and Monkey Island posters on the wall heh

Tup

Postby Tup » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:39 pm

That particular Idris had done crash landing. I wonder...... By the way, I must say that the latest shot of Mark Hamill's character looks pretty incredible. It looks even better than the first shots. And "that other guy" too. :shock:

Ground_Squirrel

Postby Ground_Squirrel » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:53 pm

That "other guy" is Liam Cunningham, so he'd be playing Captain Noah White. Wonder what his part will be in the grander scheme of things.

Tup

Postby Tup » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:14 am

Ground_Squirrel wrote:That "other guy" is Liam Cunningham, so he'd be playing Captain Noah White. Wonder what his part will be in the grander scheme of things.

Aye... So far we haven't heard anything about his character. Obviously they are nearly finished with the in-game model though so I'd guess he's rather important.

Monthly report: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm ... dio-Report

The Squadron 42 shoot is over and the Narrative team has finally been reunited in LA. As Chris mentioned on ATV a week or so ago, we ended up hitting around 1255 pages of scripts including wild lines, battle chatter etc., so yeah… that was a lot, but it was wonderful to be back on set with the awesome production team over there and the always amazing Imaginarium. It’ll be even better when we can actually talk about what we did over there.

Pretty long script.

Ground_Squirrel

Postby Ground_Squirrel » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:16 pm

So, I did catch up on the latest Around The Verse episode.
They really managed to create a very creepy atmosphere on that damaged Idris :o
Imagine how it would look if there were some characters running around in shock.
All those details with the combined sound effects are really amazing

Btw (dumb question) Idris is the ship's model name is it not? So I'm assuming the ship's name would be something else in SQ42. Right?

And with Gamescom coming up soon I hope we'll finally get to see some female in game characters.

Tup

Postby Tup » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:15 pm

Ground_Squirrel wrote:So, I did catch up on the latest Around The Verse episode.
They really managed to create a very creepy atmosphere on that damaged Idris :o
Imagine how it would look if there were some characters running around in shock.
All those details with the combined sound effects are really amazing

Btw (dumb question) Idris is the ship's model name is it not? So I'm assuming the ship's name would be something else in SQ42. Right?

And with Gamescom coming up soon I hope we'll finally get to see some female in game characters.

Aye, just imagine similar situation to what happened to SR-1 in Mass Effect 2. People running around... trying to get to the escape pods etc. It's even more mind boggling when you realise that that's actually a ship that can fly and just a some kind of game level.

So Aegis Dynamics is the manufacturer of Idris (ship model). In Squadron 42 the ship is going to be the military variant, Idris-P, and the ships name is UEE Stanton.

Gamescom should be interesting... I guess they will show more fps combat and maybe even procedural plant stuff. They have finished the female model and they actually had to improve the male model to make it equal in quality. Also it looks like they are going to do a proper job regarding the character rig and animations for both so the quality should be good regaradless of what gender character you choose to play. If I'd had to guess we might see female in-game character sooner rather than later.

UEE Marine Medium Armour:
Looks sweet.

Ground_Squirrel

Postby Ground_Squirrel » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:59 pm

Blah I knew it was the Stanton. This is what early shifts do to my brain. It's a miracle it still functions during an early shift.

Slap a camouflage pattern on that armor and it sorta reminds me of our favourite ME1 armour, Tup ;)

Return to “Star Citizen”