femshep.com

Read this first.
JamieCOTC
Site Admin

femshep.com

Postby JamieCOTC » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:24 pm

Currently I'm using Ning for the femshep.com for the social network elements. Effective October 1st, 2016 the Ning network will change their pricing from $24.00 a year to $59.00 a year. (I previously said it was a month, but it's actually a year, still a big leap in price). Because of this change I have no other alternative but to switch from Ning to another type of website blogging method such as wordpress. At some point toward the end of September, the femshep site will go down temporarily. The site will come back up sometime in October. If you have any photos, videos, art of blog posts you wish to save, please go to http://femshep.ning.com/ and save them now.

After some research I've invested in a buddypress theme and chat system for the site. As those who frequent the forums the most, I wanted to ask what features you would like to see in the site itself. I "hope" to have a blog for anyone registered to post pics, vids, ramblings, etc as the main attraction of the site. Some of you may know, we have a Masss Effect themed role play chat linked from the site. I've been thinking of integrating that into femshep.com a little more. I don't envision moving the chat, though I may make a new one w/ bbpress later. I'm still brainstorming and whatever your reason for being here, any ideas are welcome.

Thanks!

Ground_Squirrel

Re: The future of femshep.com

Postby Ground_Squirrel » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:43 pm

That is quite an increase in price :o

I remember making a small donation some time ago. If it helps you out I'm willing to do it again?

JamieCOTC
Site Admin

Postby JamieCOTC » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:43 pm

Ground_Squirrel wrote:That is quite an increase in price :o

I remember making a small donation some time ago. If it helps you out I'm willing to do it again?

While I do appreciate that, moving to a wordpress site will be significantly cheaper, (I bought a Premium theme for Buddyprees), so no need. Thanks anyway.

LadyALy

Postby LadyALy » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:44 am

I hope it is back soonish - good luck Jamie :)

JamieCOTC
Site Admin

Postby JamieCOTC » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:49 pm

I've been working on the new site. You can take a look at it here, though it's still a WIP. http://www.femshep.com/. Unfortunately I don't think it will have the same user content capabilities as the old site, in other words registered users can't upload to the blog or anything. At least I haven't figured out how to do that yet w/ this theme. (It's the X-Theme btw) Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks!

JamieCOTC
Site Admin

Re: femshep.com

Postby JamieCOTC » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:50 pm

femshep.com is back up and now registered members are able to post blog posts. One of the advantages of the old femshep site was the abilities for users to upload content be it a blog post, videos or pics. I’m happy to say that Registered members of femshep.com can now make blog posts. Upload your thoughts on the game, a few picks of a favorite video. To post to the blog is simple.

Go to your profile. Go to blog. Go to New post. (Profile > Blog > New Post). Write your post and publish. It’s very easy.

Ground_Squirrel

Re: femshep.com

Postby Ground_Squirrel » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:05 pm

I really like the look of the site, Jamie :)

Return to “Announcements”