Introduce yaself!

Read this first.
AlexiaRevan

Re: Introduce yaself!

Postby AlexiaRevan » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:57 pm

Ground_Squirrel wrote:Current list of countries I went to (not including the countries I only passed through):

Germany
Belgium
France
United Kingdom
Republic of Ireland
Italy
Norway
Czech Republic
Australia
New Zealand
Sri Lanka
Malaysia
United States (Oregon and Northern California)
Canada (Eastern and Western Canada)

Wow...that is awesome !

Ok..here my question for ya!

-wich one had a beach ? and I'm talking the most awesome beach there is !
-wich one was the hottest or had the hottest Summer ?
-wich one had the most Tourist Boutique like ? if you saw any !
and last...wich one you wanted to stay longer then you originaly did :mrgreen:
♥♥♥Proud Sera Wifey♥♥♥ Proud Seranite The best Thread of all !
Put three humans in a room, there will be six opinions.-Samara Ѡ on the Bewbz side of the force Ѡ

Ground_Squirrel

Postby Ground_Squirrel » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:24 pm

Awesome beach: Sri Lanka

Hottest summer: Malaysia and Sri Lanka, both hot and humid. But it was around September/October when I was there.

Most tourist crap: Pisa, Italy, was the worst I guess... Little leaning towers of Pisa everywhere :P

Want to stay longer in Canada, Australia or New Zealand. Someone please adopt me! :lol:

AlexiaRevan

Postby AlexiaRevan » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:41 pm

Ground_Squirrel wrote:Awesome beach: Sri Lanka

Hottest summer: Malaysia and Sri Lanka, both hot and humid. But it was around September/October when I was there.

Most tourist crap: Pisa, Italy, was the worst I guess... Little leaning towers of Pisa everywhere :P

Want to stay longer in Canada, Australia or New Zealand. Someone please adopt me! :lol:

if only it was that easy lol

The beaaaach.......lucky you ! I grow up near the sea..I think it's the only thing I really miss .
Put three humans in a room, there will be six opinions.-Samara Ѡ on the Bewbz side of the force Ѡ

Tup

Postby Tup » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:14 pm

Well, I guess I'll give it a got too...

I hail from Finland. I'm partly German (although I don't speak it any better than any other Finn and my pronunciation sucks). I'm a web developer (often forced to do design too) and currently my own boss. I've been around here since the original femShep thread in the old BSN. I've been gaming in some form since Windows 3.1 and fiddling with PC hardware is my hobby.

One thing that you might not know about me: I can read and write hiragana and katakana no problem. Also quite a few kanji (N5 and then some; I'm working on it) too but not nearly enough.

LadyALy

Postby LadyALy » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:11 am

Okay - here as promised a little from my own.

Living in South Germany near France and Swiss border, no kids or pets.

Like GroundSquirrel I am a bit older :D and a gamer girl :D Some hanging on a couch and watch TV for hours - I prefer to play games.

I did original come from a little Indie RPG Game named Illarion and Grimwold (Ultima Online )
Then I did fell in love to Dragon Age Origins. I am a maniac if it comes to uncover stories and all possibilities in a game :roll:
Over the forums I got always nagged to try out ME and as I started I got really hooked on it.

I played also Skyrim - and tons of other games ( EVE online, LoL, GW and GW2, Age of Conan etc pp ) Actually I am busy in SWtoR. Since I played the 2 games before SWtoR ( Tup's advice ) I do enjoy the whole universe a lot more. The best game I played this year was the Witcher 3 <3 !!!!! What a game - even if you didn't play( like me ) the 2 games before.
Also the Sandbox Game WURM online is like a little medivial second life sometimes.

For the other stuff - I am a workaholic with a stressy job.
Hobies: Traveling, Photograph, reading good books, Cinema and Gaming :D

AlexiaRevan

Postby AlexiaRevan » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:15 pm

Tup wrote:Well, I guess I'll give it a got too...

I hail from Finland. I'm partly German (although I don't speak it any better than any other Finn and my pronunciation sucks). I'm a web developer (often forced to do design too) and currently my own boss. I've been around here since the original femShep thread in the old BSN. I've been gaming in some form since Windows 3.1 and fiddling with PC hardware is my hobby.

One thing that you might not know about me: I can read and write hiragana and katakana no problem. Also quite a few kanji (N5 and then some; I'm working on it) too but not nearly enough.

*Wave* hi Tup , nice to meet you !

Is it summer for you too ? (yes I suck at geography lol )

I would say you should help translating mangas but you seem busy enough . I had a friend who was trying to learn Mandarin and damn he gave up , was too hard for him .

AlexiaRevan

Postby AlexiaRevan » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:20 pm

LadyALy wrote:Okay - here as promised a little from my own.

Living in South Germany near France and Swiss border, no kids or pets.

Like GroundSquirrel I am a bit older :D and a gamer girl :D Some hanging on a couch and watch TV for hours - I prefer to play games.

I did original come from a little Indie RPG Game named Illarion and Grimwold (Ultima Online )
Then I did fell in love to Dragon Age Origins. I am a maniac if it comes to uncover stories and all possibilities in a game :roll:
Over the forums I got always nagged to try out ME and as I started I got really hooked on it.

I played also Skyrim - and tons of other games ( EVE online, LoL, GW and GW2, Age of Conan etc pp ) Actually I am busy in SWtoR. Since I played the 2 games before SWtoR ( Tup's advice ) I do enjoy the whole universe a lot more. The best game I played this year was the Witcher 3 <3 !!!!! What a game - even if you didn't play( like me ) the 2 games before.
Also the Sandbox Game WURM online is like a little medivial second life sometimes.

For the other stuff - I am a workaholic with a stressy job.
Hobies: Traveling, Photograph, reading good books, Cinema and Gaming :D

Hi LadyAly ,

pfff older , I have my doubt lol

Yeah!! I got ride of the Tv completely haha it broke down..throw it out..never replaced it :lol:

Although...years without Tv is kinda weird , when peoples Talk about Tv show..I'm like ''Is that an rpg ?'' LOL

LoL ? what that stand for ?

Ohh Age of Conan , the MMO right ? heard about it..but never tried it . Is it any good ?

Seriously ? what server ? I've got 18 toons on 2 server lol been in Swtor for 3 years now :lol:

OMG! Same here . I did play Witcher 1...but didn't like it . So didn't touch Witcher 2..then Witcher 3 came and was harassed by my ex to give it a try (Damn she spammed me with screenie about Ciri like hell lol )..Gave it a try and while I had to play as Geralda....I did enjoy the Story . Highly recommand it .

Aw well I hope gaming lift a bit of ya work stress :D Nice to meet ya!

Tup

Postby Tup » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:38 pm

^^I have 23 toons on one server in SWTOR. :ugeek:

AlexiaRevan wrote:
Tup wrote:Well, I guess I'll give it a got too...

*Wave* hi Tup , nice to meet you !

Is it summer for you too ? (yes I suck at geography lol )

I would say you should help translating mangas but you seem busy enough . I had a friend who was trying to learn Mandarin and damn he gave up , was too hard for him .

Naah, it's winter. As you might know Finland is just below Australia. :ugeek:

For me Japanese is actually surprisingly easy. Mainly because it's actually closer to Finnish than Finnish to English. For Finn it's super easy to pronounce Japanese. On top of that the idea that you add stuff after the words, lack of articles and you can most of the time omit subject makes it easy for my brain. Kanji are pain in the ass but then again... It's a nice hobby to learn them.

In school I was forced to study Swedish which I hated and my brain had total meltdown in upper secondary school when I studied German and Swedish at the same time. For that reason German had to go because it was optional. Also I don't like Swedish at all but what can you do when you just have to study it...

There's something in Indo-European languages that my brain has issues with. It also doesn't help that they write things totally differently then what they say. So, for example, "How are you?" sounds like "Hau aar juu?" and "I am fine." sounds like "Ai äm fain.". In Finnish character is always pronounced the same (that's pretty much the case in Japanese too - few exceptions though but those make sense).

Ground_Squirrel

Postby Ground_Squirrel » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:47 pm

Why didn't we have this topic on the old forum?

It's nice to know a little bit more about your fellow ME addicts and find out that you have more in common with them than just the games.
Like LadyAly I like photography as well. Sadly I mostly take my camera out for a spin when I'm on holidays.
I've always wanted to do a course, but working shifts doesn't help, since I'd be missing classes due to work :(

When it comes to languages: other than Dutch I've had English, German and French lessons.
English always seemed to come easy. My German's a bit harder, but at least I can understand most things. My French sucks though. Wasn't a fan of the class. Maybe because it didn't come as easy as English. Ever since I visited Montréal/Quebec I wish I'd paid more attention though.
It also doesn't help if you don't actively use a language.

AlexiaRevan

Postby AlexiaRevan » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:00 pm

Like LadyAly I like photography as well. Sadly I mostly take my camera out for a spin when I'm on holidays.

ya shouldnt feel sad , ya get the chance to take pictures of places some peoples will never go to :D Thats special like hell .

Return to “Announcements”