New Andromeda Initiative briefing up

A place to discuss the upcoming Mass Effect game.
Tup

Re: New Andromeda Initiative briefing up

Postby Tup » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:20 pm

But how the hell would you recharge anything in the void?

Ground_Squirrel

Postby Ground_Squirrel » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:48 pm

Yeah, that's why I'm hoping they'll explain that.

The most realistic source of energy would be solar power.

It may even be possible to harvest energy en route since interstellar space wouldn't be completely empty. There might be asteroids, gas or dust clouds that could be taken advantage of?

Tup

Postby Tup » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:35 am

Ground_Squirrel wrote:Yeah, that's why I'm hoping they'll explain that.

The most realistic source of energy would be solar power.

It may even be possible to harvest energy en route since interstellar space wouldn't be completely empty. There might be asteroids, gas or dust clouds that could be taken advantage of?

I'm not quite sure what there is... According to Mass Effect lore dark space (i.e. the physical space between galaxies) is "Dark space is completely dark, as it contains little to no stars and makes up almost the entire volume of the universe, where galaxies are only small islands of light." Probably it doesn't have anything else than sleeping Reapers.

Ground_Squirrel

Postby Ground_Squirrel » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:38 am

Just because there are no stars in dark space doesn't mean there aren't any asteroids or cosmic dust floating around anywhere.
I think it would be strange if there wasn't anything to find in dark space at all.

Tup

Postby Tup » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:30 pm

Ground_Squirrel wrote:Just because there are no stars in dark space doesn't mean there aren't any asteroids or cosmic dust floating around anywhere.
I think it would be strange if there wasn't anything to find in dark space at all.

Well, apparently there can be stars between galaxies. It would be nice if they would explain how the trip was possible - and I'm pretty sure they will.

Ground_Squirrel

Postby Ground_Squirrel » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:07 pm

Obviously whatever explanation they will use will be totally fiction, but it would be interesting to see what they come up with.

Btw came across this picture of M31 Andromeda a couple of days ago. Thought it'd be nice to post it.

Ground_Squirrel

Postby Ground_Squirrel » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:30 pm

The next briefing is up. This time on weapons and biotics.

I probably mentioned before that it is nice to see the Carnifex made it to Andromeda.
And I also like the fact that the Black Widow is available.
I never really used shotguns in any of my ME playthroughs. On the few occasions that I did it was either the Wraith or the Venom (which came in really handy when dealing with those pesky Adjutants in the final stage of ME3's Omega DLC)
As far as assault rifles are concerned I'm hoping the Harrier made it to ME:Andromeda as well, but I fear it didn't, since it was a Cerberus weapon.

One more briefing video to go. Wonder what that will be about.

Tup

Postby Tup » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:37 am

Ground_Squirrel wrote:The next briefing is up. This time on weapons and biotics.

I probably mentioned before that it is nice to see the Carnifex made it to Andromeda.
And I also like the fact that the Black Widow is available.
I never really used shotguns in any of my ME playthroughs. On the few occasions that I did it was either the Wraith or the Venom (which came in really handy when dealing with those pesky Adjutants in the final stage of ME3's Omega DLC)
As far as assault rifles are concerned I'm hoping the Harrier made it to ME:Andromeda as well, but I fear it didn't, since it was a Cerberus weapon.

One more briefing video to go. Wonder what that will be about.

It looks like there's Viper too and I guess the one looked like Valiant. Those two are my favourite sniper rifles.

Ground_Squirrel

Postby Ground_Squirrel » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:11 pm

And the final briefing on Golden Worlds & Settlements is up :)

Return to “Mass Effect: Andromeda”