Squadmate info

A place to discuss the upcoming Mass Effect game.
Ground_Squirrel

Re: Squadmate info

Postby Ground_Squirrel » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:20 pm

Ground_Squirrel wrote:People are saying a lot of stuff, but it's based on what? They've hardly seen anything and yet they're willing to condemn someone without giving that person a fair chance. That's just sad :(
AlexiaRevan wrote:well peoples are saying based on those who played the game a little and made review about it ? they said that Liam is a jerk..as in..he has a reaction of a jerk at some point .

*shrug*...

why would it bother you ? i mean , once in the game..if you wanna Smooche him , you probably can :mrgreen:

It bothers me, because to me playing a game is like a break from real life crap. And I've recently seen plenty of situations where people weren't given a fair chance. I've even lost out on a nice job opportunity myself because of it.
I know it shouldn't bother me so much, but some things just hit extra hard when you're still recovering from a burnout.

AlexiaRevan

Postby AlexiaRevan » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:45 pm

Tup wrote:Yeah, pretty much all that. Though I have had barely any bugs when playing with the restored content mod.

KOTOR2 has really interesting feel to it, mostly thanks to Kreia. I don't think I've seen anything like her in any other game. Very clever writing. Conversations with Kreia were extremely interesting and really made you think. Also the important thing: Your choices matter. You can actually answer to questions, have opinions and make decisions. All those things can make massive differences.

To be honest KOTOR2 doesn't really have romances and I actually quite like that (though the characters can definitely like or hate you). Considering the story I think that was a good thing. It's also surprising how much difference Surik's gender makes. It's worth to play both genders (even though canon is female exile) or you miss quite a bit of content and conversations.

Yeah, Inquisitor pretty much just says "tell me more, please continue, tell me about x, question, question, question, what happened next?".

We'll soon find out how things are in ME:A... If things do not improve then I say they should change all their current writers (and probably make some other drastic changes).

yes there is romance in Kotor 2 .

Unless you count romance only when you drop your pants :lol: cose I don't !

I romanced Samara lol so that tell you !

Kreia carried the whole game on her shoulder . And the women who voiced her did an exellent Job . She was amazing at her voicing her . Never played a game that screwed with my head this much , or have such vilains .

haha Lot of peoples hated Kreia and her 'lectures' ..but I loved them . My favorite part was on Korriban , she described the planets and Tomb so well..I could almost see the Sith lord ghost .

In the end , I wanted to save her so badly...

I was like you are the only one who saw both side of the coins ! You could bring so much to a new order !

Oh yeah , I played both gender . Thats how I was able to romance Visas :lol:

You know...I heard a while ago , that peoples wished Revan was female canon . And the exile canon is male lol

Me think it's all cose of the Vromance lol
♥♥♥Proud Sera Wifey♥♥♥ Proud Seranite The best Thread of all !
Put three humans in a room, there will be six opinions.-Samara Ѡ on the Bewbz side of the force Ѡ

AlexiaRevan

Postby AlexiaRevan » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:48 pm

Ground_Squirrel wrote:It bothers me, because to me playing a game is like a break from real life crap. And I've recently seen plenty of situations where people weren't given a fair chance. I've even lost out on a nice job opportunity myself because of it.
I know it shouldn't bother me so much, but some things just hit extra hard when you're still recovering from a burnout.

I hear you . That's why I play too , and why I'm hibernating for the next 5 years :lol: You better miss me again!

well for whats worth it , you have my sympathy .

I know it isn't much , but I'm wishing you luck !
Put three humans in a room, there will be six opinions.-Samara Ѡ on the Bewbz side of the force Ѡ

Tup

Postby Tup » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:10 pm

AlexiaRevan wrote:
Tup wrote:Yeah, pretty much all that. Though I have had barely any bugs when playing with the restored content mod.

KOTOR2 has really interesting feel to it, mostly thanks to Kreia. I don't think I've seen anything like her in any other game. Very clever writing. Conversations with Kreia were extremely interesting and really made you think. Also the important thing: Your choices matter. You can actually answer to questions, have opinions and make decisions. All those things can make massive differences.

To be honest KOTOR2 doesn't really have romances and I actually quite like that (though the characters can definitely like or hate you). Considering the story I think that was a good thing. It's also surprising how much difference Surik's gender makes. It's worth to play both genders (even though canon is female exile) or you miss quite a bit of content and conversations.

Yeah, Inquisitor pretty much just says "tell me more, please continue, tell me about x, question, question, question, what happened next?".

We'll soon find out how things are in ME:A... If things do not improve then I say they should change all their current writers (and probably make some other drastic changes).

yes there is romance in Kotor 2 .

Unless you count romance only when you drop your pants :lol: cose I don't !

I romanced Samara lol so that tell you !

Kreia carried the whole game on her shoulder . And the women who voiced her did an exellent Job . She was amazing at her voicing her . Never played a game that screwed with my head this much , or have such vilains .

haha Lot of peoples hated Kreia and her 'lectures' ..but I loved them . My favorite part was on Korriban , she described the planets and Tomb so well..I could almost see the Sith lord ghost .

In the end , I wanted to save her so badly...

I was like you are the only one who saw both side of the coins ! You could bring so much to a new order !

Oh yeah , I played both gender . Thats how I was able to romance Visas :lol:

You know...I heard a while ago , that peoples wished Revan was female canon . And the exile canon is male lol

Me think it's all cose of the Vromance lol

Well... By no romances I mean no that kind of stuff you see in DA:I or even KOTOR1. The romances in KOTOR2 are definitely classical romances (and done well without cheap tricks). You can tell that some companions love the exile but it doesn't evolve to anything bigger than that really.

I totally agree with you there - KOTOR2 really does play tricks with your mind and Kreia plays major role in it. It's like... The things Kreia says make sense but something doesn't feel right, right? And the actor did a great job voicing her too.

I too really, really wanted to save her, even in the very end but some things just aren't possible. (KOTOR1 light side ending actually feels really weird compared to KOTOR2 - it doesn't quite fit.)

AlexiaRevan

Postby AlexiaRevan » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:07 pm

exactly .

Nowdays , they add dramas to make characters interesting . Peoples complained that in DA2 all companions were player sexuals . Which is Total Bullshit .

Let me tell you one thing: It's all about the writer skill . You could have everyone avaible , and have amazing and interesting companions . To tie personality to avaibility is nonsense .

Or personality to orientation .

Jade empire is also another game that did it right .

well the romances were gated , but that ending was balanced lol

KOTOR2 really does play tricks with your mind and Kreia plays major role in it. It's like... The things Kreia says make sense but something doesn't feel right, right?

To this day , I still agree with her and think she is in the right :lol: especially after having played Swtor (all class and new expansions) ..she was so damn right lol .

I too really, really wanted to save her, even in the very end but some things just aren't possible.

Do you know what that ending remind me of ? I mean the part where you can't save Kreia and she force you to fight her (Oh it was breaking my heart all the way) . Of that character in Baldur's Gate 2 (the expansion) . I think his name was Balthazar .
Bathazar : http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Balthazar

Similar outcome....

And Kreia was much more then Houlier then thou , she was resigned , she was hurting , and I think deep down she lived the greatest dissapointement of all .

I wanted to kick the Jedi so bad.....

Ground_Squirrel

Postby Ground_Squirrel » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:07 pm

AlexiaRevan wrote:I hear you . That's why I play too , and why I'm hibernating for the next 5 years :lol: You better miss me again!

well for whats worth it , you have my sympathy .

I know it isn't much , but I'm wishing you luck !

5 years??? :o
What am I going to do? :cry:

And thanks :)

AlexiaRevan

Postby AlexiaRevan » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:12 pm

Ground_Squirrel wrote:5 years??? :o
What am I going to do? :cry:

And thanks :)

I'm assuming thats how long it take to make the next game :lol: hence the 5 years .

But..considering that I planned to hibernate the same way when DAI..Urgh..

Let's hope this game is better....

what you would do ? You will Smooche ! put settlement down ! And have a glorious adventure to remember when you are 90 years old . :mrgreen:

Ground_Squirrel

Postby Ground_Squirrel » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:10 pm

So you're not even dropping by to give us status updates on your character and comment on ours?
I am disappoint! :(

AlexiaRevan

Postby AlexiaRevan » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:16 pm

Guilt tripping meh! not nice ! :lol:

I assumed everyone would be playing..

If you guys stick around..sure...

I'm planning on making this sexy Ryder a dream come true !

Hence , me wondering about the Blonde lol

And I'm aiming for Vetra and Dr Asari..what's her name..for Vromance !

Ground_Squirrel

Postby Ground_Squirrel » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:41 pm

And here I was trying to be nice. Trying to let you know you'll be missed.

She looks badass too.
I have no idea what my Ryder will look like.

Maybe an idea for a new thread.

Return to “Mass Effect: Andromeda”