New ME: Andromeda gameplay footage

A place to discuss the upcoming Mass Effect game.
AlexiaRevan

Re: New ME: Andromeda gameplay footage

Postby AlexiaRevan » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:10 pm

Ground_Squirrel wrote:I told myself many times I'd be playing a male Shepard sometime, but when I start a whole new playthrough I always end up creating a female one :?
I think I'll stick with my tradition of playing a female character.

Sorta reminds me of the Nemesis armor in ME3. It wasn't my favourite, but the cool thing was that it was available for Ashley and Liara as well. It was nice when you could have your team wearing the same kind of armor.

yeah I never played sheploo cose of his awful personality..it was like he was a Tranquil...that robotic voice . Urgh..

I wanted to try Jack romance with him..but...never made it far on Eden prime lol
♥♥♥Proud Sera Wifey♥♥♥ Proud Seranite The best Thread of all !
Put three humans in a room, there will be six opinions.-Samara Ѡ on the Bewbz side of the force Ѡ

Ground_Squirrel

Postby Ground_Squirrel » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:58 pm

AlexiaRevan wrote:who is this North everyone going gaga over ? :ugeek: I have no idea who it is lol

Well, there's a pretty long list of credits over at imdb.com.
I haven't come across him before either though.

It's funny though. If the VA voicing female Ryder is someone with a lot less experience that is...
Because the majority of players will be playing as male Ryder it seems like it's easier to take a chance on someone less experienced to voice the female character.

Btw I was thinking about the whole sibling situation:
If it is possible to have your brother/sister in your squad wouldn't it be cool if the way they acted was a reflection of their personality if you played their character before?
Like when you play the game as male Ryder first and he turns out to be a real renegade.
And in your next playthrough you could play a female Ryder and choose the male renegade character you created earlier as your sibling and the way your conversations with him turn out depend on how you played that character before?

JamieCOTC
Site Admin

Postby JamieCOTC » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:59 pm

Ground_Squirrel wrote:

If it is possible to have your brother/sister in your squad wouldn't it be cool if the way they acted was a reflection of their personality if you played their character before?
Like when you play the game as male Ryder first and he turns out to be a real renegade.
And in your next playthrough you could play a female Ryder and choose the male renegade character you created earlier as your sibling and the way your conversations with him turn out depend on how you played that character before?

I got the idea from the "somewhere in the universe" quote by Walters that the brother or sister won't be a squadmate, but somewhere out and about, sort of like Bethany in the Circle or Carver in the Wardens/Templars, but who knows. I guess anything is possible, but my guess is to check your expectations at the door. The last few ME games have been quite linear w/ their storytelling and gameplay and I don't see them alloying that much freedom.

Tup

Postby Tup » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:09 pm

AlexiaRevan wrote:
who is this North everyone going gaga over ? :ugeek: I have no idea who it is lol

whatta mean the female VA is a nobody!!! she is somebody!!! I don't know who yet...but we will know . Soon hopefully .

Nolan North is one of the popular male VAs (although not limited to just voice acting). Probably best known from voicing the Nathan Drake in Uncharted series.

By nobody I mean unknown. At least I have no idea who she could be. At least she has great counterpart which should help her too.
AlexiaRevan wrote:lol Ya think man wearing an armor that compress their Junk is any better ? A kick there and it's game over :lol:

Exactly... I can't unsee that mental image now. :shock:

AlexiaRevan wrote:
Ground_Squirrel wrote:I told myself many times I'd be playing a male Shepard sometime, but when I start a whole new playthrough I always end up creating a female one :?
I think I'll stick with my tradition of playing a female character.

Sorta reminds me of the Nemesis armor in ME3. It wasn't my favourite, but the cool thing was that it was available for Ashley and Liara as well. It was nice when you could have your team wearing the same kind of armor.

yeah I never played sheploo cose of his awful personality..it was like he was a Tranquil...that robotic voice . Urgh..

I wanted to try Jack romance with him..but...never made it far on Eden prime lol

I must say that I really did like Mark Meer's voice acting. He did not overact and to me he sounded quite realistic. Then again I'm a Finn......

JamieCOTC wrote:
Ground_Squirrel wrote:

I got the idea from the "somewhere in the universe" quote by Walters that the brother or sister won't be a squadmate, but somewhere out and about, sort of like Bethany in the Circle or Carver in the Wardens/Templars, but who knows. I guess anything is possible, but my guess is to check your expectations at the door. The last few ME games have been quite linear w/ their storytelling and gameplay and I don't see them alloying that much freedom.

That's a safe bet I believe. I think it's too much to expect full blown squad mate.

AlexiaRevan

Postby AlexiaRevan » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:53 pm

Ground_Squirrel wrote:
AlexiaRevan wrote:who is this North everyone going gaga over ? :ugeek: I have no idea who it is lol

Well, there's a pretty long list of credits over at imdb.com.
I haven't come across him before either though.

It's funny though. If the VA voicing female Ryder is someone with a lot less experience that is...
Because the majority of players will be playing as male Ryder it seems like it's easier to take a chance on someone less experienced to voice the female character.

lol still won't tell me who he is . Never heard of this drake or uncharted :lol:

Hum...that wouldn't work . cose..what if you never played say Male Ryder....then what personality ya would get then ?

I actually would've gone with the old choose between 3 set of personality a la Hawke .

and for us...

I doubt they let us control the brother or sister . They wouldn't even let us control ashley or Kaidan back in the day .
Put three humans in a room, there will be six opinions.-Samara Ѡ on the Bewbz side of the force Ѡ

Ground_Squirrel

Postby Ground_Squirrel » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:14 pm

Yes, yes... I know that having a brother or sister with their own personality on your squad is far fetched, but really... wouldn't that be awesome?
And I guess that's a thing that would make a game really unique...

AlexiaRevan wrote:Hum...that wouldn't work . Cose..what if you never played say Male Ryder....then what personality ya would get then ?

Then you'd just get a default personality with more neutral responses I guess?
And I didn't mean you'd actually control the other sibling.

Anyway, it was just something I pondered.

JamieCOTC
Site Admin

Postby JamieCOTC » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:49 am

Ground_Squirrel wrote:Yes, yes... I know that having a brother or sister with their own personality on your squad is far fetched, but really... wouldn't that be awesome?

AlexiaRevan wrote:Hum...that wouldn't work . Cose..what if you never played say Male Ryder....then what personality ya would get then ?

Hope springs eternal, so don't lose it. I too hope that BW does something unique w/ the siblings. Family is damn hard to do in games, anyone the player has supposedly known all their life and had some attachment for is a big risk. DA2 needed a Lothering prologue. ME:A needs a Milky Way prologue, but we won't get it and honestly I don't trust BW to do a good enough job on the family to make me care. I didn't in DA2Even Imoen, (The Bal Spawn's best friend for years), who I liked right off the bat, I had to learn to care for her. Oh well. I hope they prove me wrong.

AlexiaRevan

Postby AlexiaRevan » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:48 am

JamieCOTC wrote:Hope springs eternal, so don't lose it. I too hope that BW does something unique w/ the siblings. Family is damn hard to do in games, anyone the player has supposedly known all their life and had some attachment for is a big risk. DA2 needed a Lothering prologue. ME:A needs a Milky Way prologue, but we won't get it and honestly I don't trust BW to do a good enough job on the family to make me care. I didn't in DA2Even Imoen, (The Bal Spawn's best friend for years), who I liked right off the bat, I had to learn to care for her. Oh well. I hope they prove me wrong.

who know..maybe they surprise us still . Maybe not with the brother or sister , but with daddy ?

He may have a bigger role..and maybe by extension our sibling ?

Ohhh Imeon . Loved her so much..

I admit , I have no trouble bonding with sibling I just saw for 5sec lol

Imeon get zapped..I was yelling STellaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! :lol: First time I played BG2 I remember , I was so panicked..I though I had to rush or she die . Didn't know it wasn't timed.....

and imagine the horror...I love playing Mage..so guess who had to babysit carver zillion of times ? could've became an alcoholic at the Hanged Man if it wasn't for Bela lol

well Judging by how they are treating Swtor families , we may get the same here .

AlexiaRevan

Postby AlexiaRevan » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:49 am

Ground_Squirrel wrote:Yes, yes... I know that having a brother or sister with their own personality on your squad is far fetched, but really... wouldn't that be awesome?

but wouldn't be cool if we could ? I'm playing Divinity Original Sin and I'm loving controlling 2 ladies and choosing their answers :D

Ground_Squirrel

Postby Ground_Squirrel » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:55 pm

I'll be crossing my fingers.
Hopefully they'll reveal a bit more about the sibling issue in November.

Btw it was nice to see the Carnifex featured in that cutscene. That's at least one of the weapons I liked in ME2 and ME3 :D

Return to “Mass Effect: Andromeda”