The Squirell and Pink !

A place to discuss the upcoming Mass Effect game.
AlexiaRevan

Re: The Squirell and Pink !

Postby AlexiaRevan » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:48 pm

Ground_Squirrel wrote:
AlexiaRevan wrote:eejit? what that mean ?

It's Irish slang for idiot.

AlexiaRevan wrote:(unless ya play a dude and I don't...ya get Ash , and even with a mod I wouldn't romance her :lol: ) .

Poor Ash :(

Blame BW...they wrote 2 humans companions and screw them over , making them the worst ever . :lol:
♥♥♥Proud Sera Wifey♥♥♥ Proud Seranite The best Thread of all !
Put three humans in a room, there will be six opinions.-Samara Ѡ on the Bewbz side of the force Ѡ

Ground_Squirrel

Postby Ground_Squirrel » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:55 pm

But I like Ash!

AlexiaRevan

Postby AlexiaRevan » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:03 pm

Ground_Squirrel wrote:But I like Ash!

and I don't . Her paranoia that rub close to racism . Horizon tantrum , and later the complete diseregard of ''I abandonned you but let's be friends again''..

make me hate them both so much...I can't stand them . At all .

I do wish they were written better , but alas...that will never happen .As such..I always leave one with the nuke and the other get handed to Hackett in ME3 . Don't want them in citadel....
Put three humans in a room, there will be six opinions.-Samara Ѡ on the Bewbz side of the force Ѡ

Ground_Squirrel

Postby Ground_Squirrel » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:30 pm

That's kinda sad leaving characters behind to be nuked or handed off to Hackett because they were badly written lol

I think that over the course of the games Ashley really comes around from mistrusting aliens and because of her family history I can't really blame her.
I wouldn't call it racism, because there is a big difference between that and mistrust. I don't think racists will ever change their point of view.
With Ashley's family history and the fact that she gets passed for promotion over and over again it makes sense that she doesn't trust them. Even more since she's never worked with aliens. But once she does get the opportunity to work with them I think it does change her point of view.

AlexiaRevan

Postby AlexiaRevan » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:00 pm

Ground_Squirrel wrote:That's kinda sad leaving characters behind to be nuked or handed off to Hackett because they were badly written lol

I think that over the course of the games Ashley really comes around from mistrusting aliens and because of her family history I can't really blame her.
I wouldn't call it racism, because there is a big difference between that and mistrust. I don't think racists will ever change their point of view.
With Ashley's family history and the fact that she gets passed for promotion over and over again it makes sense that she doesn't trust them. Even more since she's never worked with aliens. But once she does get the opportunity to work with them I think it does change her point of view.

To be honest , I never understood WHY her mistrust was directed at Alien . When it was Humans who black listed her family name and give her the lowest job ever . I just don't get it .

On Horizon she say ''I know where my loyalty lay'' and turn her back on me . God..I wanted to strangle her .

There are also more issues I have with them : (1) both of them don't have the requirement to be specter . We know why Udina choose them , but later once he is dead they should've taken that from them . And they didn't . Drive me nuts . and (2) Ashley mostly , she reek humans supermacy . Yes she isn't like terra firma group , she isn't like Cerberus (although I wish they turned on ya and joined cerbrus , I think that would've added more depth in them then what they ended up like ) , but I can't like someone who goes Supermacy like that . Even if it's a little . Cose think about it , Garrus is a Turiant and Wrex is a Krogan and Tali is a Quarians and Liara is an asari and while some have histories with humans (the Turiants) , others races could have that kind of attitude and they don't .

If that kind of mistrust came from the others as well.....it would've felt better . You end up in a nest of nobody trust nobody . So you have to work on making them a team . But only she complain..stand out like a sore thumb for no reasons at ALL . Garrus and the others never did Anything to warrant such mistrust . NONE . It's based on her own insecuritee and fears , I understand that . But it's always will be there . After every mission on ME3 she kept saying ''OH I trust your choices..but I hope you know what you are doing '' . Trust me fully !!! or get out . Because everyone else does . Hackett was betting everything on Shepard .

And..maybe I role play the me in there too much :lol:

but yeah that's pretty much what Irk me in her like hell . I trust the Aliens . And yes , if they were in our position they do the same . But guess what ? I....I have to stand against the prejudices and all of that and do whats right . *glow paragon* LOL I can't help it . I played the shepard who as a spectre it mean you must care for the galaxy as whole . There is no ''My specie come first , everyone come first , everyone is the same . They have asshole , we have assholes . we are all the same '' .

Ground_Squirrel

Postby Ground_Squirrel » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:43 pm

Yes, but her grandfather lost face with the Alliance when he surrendered to the turians on Shanxi during the First Contact War.
No doubt Ashley over and over again heard stories about how brutal the turians were back then and that that was the reason why her grandfather had no other choice than surrender.
And on top of that the humans gave her shit, because her grandfather was a wimp and surrendered.

Things get heated on Horizon I know. I guess they wanted to add more drama, which I don't mind, but it sucks that there's no real opportunity for Shepard to explain her actions. I would have liked to see that.

On the other hand I kinda liked that there was still some mistrust, and thus more added drama in ME3.

Ultimately it's really hard to trust people when you haven't been able to trust people for most of your life :(

Up until Ashley got stationed on the Normandy she's never worked with aliens before and I'm pretty sure that she changed her mind about them afterwards. Just like Presley did I guess.

AlexiaRevan

Postby AlexiaRevan » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:53 pm

Ground_Squirrel wrote:Yes, but her grandfather lost face with the Alliance when he surrendered to the turians on Shanxi during the First Contact War.
No doubt Ashley over and over again heard stories about how brutal the turians were back then and that that was the reason why her grandfather had no other choice than surrender.
And on top of that the humans gave her shit, because her grandfather was a wimp and surrendered.

Things get heated on Horizon I know. I guess they wanted to add more drama, which I don't mind, but it sucks that there's no real opportunity for Shepard to explain her actions. I would have liked to see that.

On the other hand I kinda liked that there was still some mistrust, and thus more added drama in ME3.

Ultimately it's really hard to trust people when you haven't been able to trust people for most of your life :(

Up until Ashley got stationed on the Normandy she's never worked with aliens before and I'm pretty sure that she changed her mind about them afterwards. Just like Presley did I guess.

yeah I know about her Grand father . But that's why it still doesn't add up . Shouldn't she HATE The Humans ?!?!

It doesn't make sense to me .

Horizon never made sense . I mean , how did they even survive when everyone got frozen to begin with ?

And yeah , I would've liked to be able to say a bit more . I mean , do drama right or don't do it all .

Yeah I can understand that Squirell . But it come off as racist , because her mistrust is ONLY Toward Aliens . She has no history with dr.chakwa , she has none with Kaidan . And she trust them . Why ??? They are as stranger to her as are the Alien . Why? cose they aren't Alliance ???

Presley at least has that veterant background . Doesn't justify it , but I can get it .

Ah well..you can't always like them all . Even if you try .

Don't let my though shadow your playtrough Squirell . That was never my intention . Enjoy Smooching Ms.Williams again and again :D

Ground_Squirrel

Postby Ground_Squirrel » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:35 am

AlexiaRevan wrote:yeah I know about her Grand father . But that's why it still doesn't add up . Shouldn't she HATE The Humans ?!?!

Hate's a big word, but I'm pretty sure Ashley has a lot of trust issues when it comes to humans. Just because it's not mentioned it doesn't mean it's not there. And if you don't have a lot of faith in humans then it's likely even harder to trust aliens.

To me it would make sense that Ashley doesn't trust humans, with her family history haunting her all the time. And those trust issues are probably why she overreacted when she ran into Shepard on Horizon.
By the end of ME1 it's likely that she trusts Shepard implicitely, but then the Collector attack happened and 2 years later Ashley is suddenly confronted with a Shepard who is still alive and is now working for the enemy, so to Ash it's just another sign that people really can't be trusted.
This is also why it's not easy for her to start trusting Shepard again in ME3.

AlexiaRevan wrote:Horizon never made sense . I mean , how did they even survive when everyone got frozen to begin with ?

Hmmm... I thought about that. The Seeker Swarm put the people in some kind of stasis mode. And then the Collectors put them into those pods. It's likely the Collectors hadn't finished putting everyone into those stasis pods when Shepard and crew arrived and that the effect of the Seeker Swarm is only temporary.

AlexiaRevan

Postby AlexiaRevan » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:17 pm

Ground_Squirrel wrote:
AlexiaRevan wrote:yeah I know about her Grand father . But that's why it still doesn't add up . Shouldn't she HATE The Humans ?!?!

Hate's a big word, but I'm pretty sure Ashley has a lot of trust issues when it comes to humans. Just because it's not mentioned it doesn't mean it's not there. And if you don't have a lot of faith in humans then it's likely even harder to trust aliens.

To me it would make sense that Ashley doesn't trust humans, with her family history haunting her all the time. And those trust issues are probably why she overreacted when she ran into Shepard on Horizon.
By the end of ME1 it's likely that she trusts Shepard implicitely, but then the Collector attack happened and 2 years later Ashley is suddenly confronted with a Shepard who is still alive and is now working for the enemy, so to Ash it's just another sign that people really can't be trusted.
This is also why it's not easy for her to start trusting Shepard again in ME3.

AlexiaRevan wrote:Horizon never made sense . I mean , how did they even survive when everyone got frozen to begin with ?

Hmmm... I thought about that. The Seeker Swarm put the people in some kind of stasis mode. And then the Collectors put them into those pods. It's likely the Collectors hadn't finished putting everyone into those stasis pods when Shepard and crew arrived and that the effect of the Seeker Swarm is only temporary.

It was all butchered by the writers though .

cose in ME3 they are all (when I say all I mean ash and Kaidan) both react like Horizon never happen . Acting like I owe them an explanation on Mars . And acting like they were Blind .

Ash&Kaidan: what's going on ?
Hackett: go to mars..mission...trusting you..liara T'soni....
Shepard: yup..on it .
Ash&kaidan: what's going on ?
Shepard: *point at hackett*
Ash&kaidan: *gone blind* what's going on ?

:lol:

My irrititation at their personality aside , I guess I'm lamenting at how badly they were written . I lament that give me 2 peoples I have to avoid . And in a game , it's a bad thing . You wanna experience everything , talk to everyone and so on .

Hopefully MEA will be better in this regard....

Ground_Squirrel

Postby Ground_Squirrel » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:38 pm

I thought it made more sense for Ashley to react the way she did on Horizon and in ME3.
Didn't seem like Kaidan had as much trust issues.

I'm guessing the real problem is that the writers have to deal with a lot of constraints. I'm sure they'd love to flesh out all the dialogue even more, but don't get the chance to do so because of size restrictions or something?
So since they can't I guess it's up to us to fill in the blanks.

Return to “Mass Effect: Andromeda”