femshep RP Chatacters

A forum to discuss the Mass Effect role playing game hosted at femshep.com
JamieCOTC
Site Admin

femshep RP Chatacters

Postby JamieCOTC » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:43 pm

Using Black Desert's character creator I modeled as many main RP characters as possible. As good as it is, BD CC has some drawbacks and I had to rely on just one or two presets.

The main cast ...

Isaac Shepard by Xavier

UJ Shepard by jameCOTC (deceased)

Erica Shepard by jameCOTC

Malvina Shepard by FatesEnd

Tessa Shepard by FatesEnd

Kallen Shepard by ADLegend

Alexandra Shepard by Charli

Mara Shepard by Blze

Rube Rose (aka Denise Shepard) by Kail

Tali by Doug

---

and the rest ...

Isaac Shepard Jr. (aka Junior) by Xavier

Isaiah Shepard by Xavier

Hunter by Xavier

Adrienne Tano by Xavier

Javen Shepard by Xavier

Ezekiel by Xavier

Geronimo by Xavier

IJ Shepard by Xavier

Jon Shepard by Xavier

Olivier Shepard by Xavier

---

Ada Shepard by FatesEnd

Rabbit Shepard by FatesEnd

Traveler by FatesEnd

Michael Shepard by FatesEnd

Phelan Shepard by FatesEnd

Button by FatesEnd

Nefri by FatesEnd

---

Kayla Shepard by ADLegend

Kaidan Shepard by ADLegend

MJ Shepard by ADLegend

Mr. Biscuits by ADLegend

Ms. Biscuits by ADLegend

---

Alexi by Charli

Naya by Charli

---

Ruth Shepard by JamieCOTC

Lydia Nelson-Keys by JamieCOTC

EVI (Enhanced Virtual Intelligence) by JamieCOTC

Jennifer Shepard by JamieCOTC

Fayth Shepard by JamieCOTC

Sara Shepard by JamieCOTC

Maxine Ray Shepard by JamieCOTC

Carole Shepard by JamieCOTC

Lindsay Brooke by JamieCOTC

Nancy "McGill" Carter by JamieCOTC

Chelsea Urania Kate Chattan by JamieCOTC

Corrine Melpomene Chattan (aka Mel) by JamieCOTC

Urania by JamieCOTC

Susan Sun-Sin (aka Sun) by JamieCOTC

Lilith by JamieCOTC

James by JamieCOTC

Alton Pierce by JamieCOTC

Chris Sanders by JamieCOTC

Shala'Raan by JamieCOTC

UJ 2.0 by JamieCOTC

Selina T'Soni by JamieCOTC

Hannah Shepared by JamieCOTC

---

Characters yet to appear ...

John Erickson by JamieCOTC

Jubal McRae by JamieCOTC

Paul Winston McRae by JamieCOTC

Charlotte Polyhymnia Chattan by JamieCOTC

Cynthia Marie Angeline Thalia Chattan-McRae by JamieCOTC

Charlotte Irene Fawkes by JamieCOTC

---

Mass Effect Canon Characters ...

Liara T'Soni

Aria T'Loak

Ashley Williams

Garrus Vakarian

Jack

Miranda Lawson

Tevos

Tup

Re: femshep RP Chatacters

Postby Tup » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:51 pm

Oh, nice! That must have taken a lot of your time, right? Black Desert's character creator is OCD hell. XD It is one of the best out there and it's nice to see creative usage of it.

JamieCOTC
Site Admin

Postby JamieCOTC » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:09 pm

Tup wrote:Oh, nice! That must have taken a lot of your time, right? Black Desert's character creator is OCD hell. XD It is one of the best out there and it's nice to see creative usage of it.

Some of them, yeah. it took a couple of times to get a likeness, (though w/ some characters the likeness isn't all that great, but I think I got the essence at least). As cool as Black Desert's CC is, it also has a lot of disadvantages. With an exception of a couple I was never pleased how it was unable to allow for African American charters and the sliders for most men are very limiting. The biggest drawback, for my project anyway, was lack of diversity in the classes. All but one female character was Asian and there is only four male characters so most of the characters have a "sameness" to them. But BD is still one of the better game CCs out there and it has a realism unmatched. It's also OCD as hell, as you said, but once you understand the basics, it's not hard to do it on the fly.

Tup

Postby Tup » Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:30 pm

JamieCOTC wrote:
Tup wrote:Oh, nice! That must have taken a lot of your time, right? Black Desert's character creator is OCD hell. XD It is one of the best out there and it's nice to see creative usage of it.

Some of them, yeah. it took a couple of times to get a likeness, (though w/ some characters the likeness isn't all that great, but I think I got the essence at least). As cool as Black Desert's CC is, it also has a lot of disadvantages. With an exception of a couple I was never pleased how it was unable to allow for African American charters and the sliders for most men are very limiting. The biggest drawback, for my project anyway, was lack of diversity in the classes. All but one female character was Asian and there is only four male characters so most of the characters have a "sameness" to them. But BD is still one of the better game CCs out there and it has a realism unmatched. It's also OCD as hell, as you said, but once you understand the basics, it's not hard to do it on the fly.

Hmm... I haven't tried making African American male but the base heads are pretty much for East Asia and generic caucasian. So I guess that the limiting factor would probably be nose (especially width) and lip size. Warrior class would probably be the best candidate since the rest probably aren't suitable (ninja and musa are all pretty much asian, wizard... maybe but age can be a problem, giant? noo... well, actually it might work depending on what kind of fella is needed).

I guess for females sorcerer works the best although Valkyrie might work too. Ranger is really nice to work with but the problem obviously is that she's and elf so that would require some post processing in this case. That being said I haven't quite managed to get the sorcerer to play ball. There was something that I didn't quite seem to get right when I tried. Maehwa is problematic too. Ranger, Kunoichi and Valkyre are my favourites to work with. Kunoichi works really well if you want to get something like <30 year old asian. No matter what you do it's pretty much impossible to make Tamer look like adult.

I think the biggest issue with BDO's CC is how to get the eyes look just right. In my case at least greyish blue seem to work the best. But that's just part of the whole thing. I noticed that little things can make rather large difference.
It would be nice if there would be a bit better control for colours than just preset colours.

But yeah, the way they made it means that one can use it for creative purposes and it can be rather handy for various things.

Return to “femshep Role Play”