, but there’s no way the Texans can sit on their hands and keep the same five guys as their definite starters enteri

An off topic lounge where you can talk about whatever.
elaine95

, but there’s no way the Texans can sit on their hands and keep the same five guys as their definite starters enteri

Postby elaine95 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:50 pm

Things are going to be slightly different when football begins again in 2019."The coaches and general managers are all out in Arizona hamming it up at some desert spa resort because they are conducting super secret official NFL business. During these spring meetings the NFL competition committee gathers around the camp fire and votes on proposed rule changes. This year there are five of them. This information is from the Los Angeles Chargers official team site. 1.) By Competition Committee; Makes permanent the kickoff rule changes that were implemented during the 2018 season.2.) By Competition Committee. It redefines a blindside block as it is a foul if a player initiates a block in which he is moving toward or parallel to his own end line and makes forcible contact to his opponent with his helmet Womens Jose Altuve Jersey , forearm, or shoulder. It also points out that a player may initiate forcible contact inside the tackle box, but is subject to the crackback and “peel back” block restrictions.3.) By Competition Committee; Simplifies the application of scrimmage kick rules for missed field goals.4.) By Competition Committee; Simplifies the application of scrimmage kick rules for missed field goals.What it does: Scrimmage kick rules apply if a Team B player touches a missed field goal attempt in the end zone before the ball touches the ground, or when either team recovers the ball behind the line of scrimmage.5.) By Competition Committee; Allows teams to elect to enforce on the succeeding try or on the succeeding free kick an opponent’s personal or unsportsmanlike conduct foul committed during a touchdown.The league is also going to permit coaches to challenge pass interference penalties for the 2019 season. There you have it. These are the conditions teams will be playing under in 2019. A quick thought on the Texans’ recent offseason decision."Last Friday night, while the rest of us were dreaming of Conference Championships without a stir in the world, the Texans made a shotgun signing.They snuck into their office, quickly scribbled worlds http://www.thetexanslockerroom.com/authentic-vyncint-smith-jersey , and disappeared back into their offseason dungeons. The Texans got the worm. They re-signed Seantrel Henderson to a one-year, $4.5 million contract. In case you forgot, Henderson was the Texans’ plan at right tackle before the 2018 season started. The behemoth played for a bit in Buffalo and was Houston’s Week One starter against the Patriots. He proceeded to break his ankle, and the Texans didn’t know what to do from there. They moved Juli’en Davenport to right tackle, where he was horrendous.They started Martinas Rankin at left tackle, where he was also horrendous. They benched Davenport and started Kendall Lamm at right tackle. Rankin was still horrendous and Lamm evolved from the worst tackle I’ve ever seen to slightly incompetent, a pubescent growth spurt. Then the Texans finally settled on Davenport at left tackle and Lamm at right.Once they started to chip http://www.thetexanslockerroom.com/authentic-greg-mancz-jersey , they were okay. Deshaun Watson was sacked 62 times last season, and the Texans were last in pressure rate. These numbers are skewed by early season mismanagement, secondary blockers, blitz pickup misses, and Watson himself, but yes, talent needs to be added to the offensive line Senio Kelemete Jersey White , and competition needs to be created at a minimum. I’m in the camp that the offensive line’s pass protection was better than most think, but there’s no way the Texans can sit on their hands and keep the same five guys as their definite starters entering 2019. Cue Henderson. This is the part where I say Henderson was never good to begin with; I wrote about it last offseason. His size and kick slide are his two strengths, but he’s not very strong and lacks any ability to extinguish blocks with his punch or block the second level. Sure, he may have developed into a better player since then and added plates to his bench press, but I doubt it. I don’t hate the signing. Turn on your water tap. That’s how I feel about it. One of the keys to offensive line play is consistency, knowing who to block, and knowing how to play with the guys around you. With a shattered ankle http://www.thetexanslockerroom.com/authentic-jeff-allen-jersey , Henderson was watching film, learning Houston’s offense, learning what not to do, and learning who to block. A different tackle would have to come in and learn all of these things without even considering skill and ability. The Texans just need bodies on the offensive line who know what they’re doing to generate competition. Is Henderson good? Probably not. But he’s big and knows the offense. At this time of the offseason, that’s more than enough justification to spend $4.5 million.

Return to “After Life”