The great Demon Gate version mystery

A forum to discuss The Elder Scrolls series of games from Arena to Skyrim to TESO.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Williamhawk
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

The great Demon Gate version mystery

Postby Williamhawk » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:53 am

Hi,

So, as some people might know (or not) one of my Doomy activities is collecting all those crappy level discs that came out back in the day. As such discs go, Demon Gate seems to have been one of the most common ones (though probably far from one of the best ones). I've known for quite some time that there was a "600 levels" version and a "666 levels" version and ultimately ended up getting hold of both to check if they were different. They are, and I thought that was the end of the story.

Except... I recently bought a lot of several Doom level discs, about half of which I didn't have and the other half being (so I thought) dupes of ones I already had. Going through those to make sure they worked and whatnot before I was going to shelve them for possible exchange/resale later, I discovered that not only was the Demon Gate 666 disc in the lot different from the Demon Gate 666 disc I already had... it was also different from the Demon Gate 600 disc. Now, none of these copies came boxed but I believe there were some Demon Gate boxed versions released so maybe the version difference might be related to that?

Please Help.

Thanks,

for more you can check:
References: https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions

Return to “The Elder Scrolls”